[CALUG] Fedora upgrade .... CALUG Digest, Vol 54, Issue 14

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Mon Jun 20 02:12:11 EDT 2011

  ISTR that 100M is standard for the default /boot. Perhaps the upgrade
stuff writes in /boot? Dunno.

In any case "one cylinder" is only about 8G. 63 sectors times 255 heads
is 16065, which times 512 bytes is
just shy of 8G. Even at 255 sectors you're only up to 32G.

I find your comparison of F6 vs F12 quite interesting. I have also
complained about Gratuitous Complexity in the Window System...why are
things Actually Slower than they were 20 years ago?

Back in the Old Days, we used to mock overblown programs with the term
"Feechers".

I wonder if the systems would run better if the Window Manager ran at a
higher nice value than the apps, and the X Server at a higher one still.

JIM