[CALUG] Recommendations for a CMS

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 10:58:31 EDT 2011

Thanks for the options; I'll keep it under my hat.

We already have a site hosted with Netsol.  In fact I just renewed the service contract with them so I don't see moving away from them any time soon.

The service we use gives us access to PHP/MySQL so that's why I'm focusing on CMS packages that use that stack.  There are two things I'm trying to keep in mind: 1) nothing will do everything I want 2) I'm trying to minimize the amt of support I need to provide since this is only volunteer work and I've got better things to do (like sleeping).  So that's why it's taking so long for me to figure out if I want to use a CMS, write one from scratch, or extend a CMS to create custom features.

I'm going to try out Joomla for now...  Wish me luck!  :)

 - Joe

If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet.  -- Jen Barber