[CALUG] November 9 Meeting Announcement

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Nov 7 11:50:57 EST 2011

This week we will be welcoming Lewis Berman and his talk on CSound.

Abstract

CSound is a high-end, open-source sound engine for computer music generation and processing. In this talk, Dr. Berman will take us through an exploration of CSound and play some examples. He will also describe his integration of CSound with Eclipse, providing sonification in a software development environment.

Bio Sketch

Lewis Berman runs the graduate programs in Computer Science and Software Engineering at Loyola University Maryland. He recently earned a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Durham University in the U.K., and he holds a master's degree in music from the University of Cincinnati. His doctoral research involved the sonification of software entities in software development projects.

We will be meeting, as normal, at the Columbia, MD offices of Tenable
Network Security located at 7063 Columbia Gateway Drive Suite 100. Enter
at the back door near the blue tables on the patio.

We will be enjoying pizza and soda provided by Praxis Engineering at
6:30, with Dr. Berman beginning his talk at 7pm.

See you all then!

http://calug.org
http://www.tenable.com
http://www.praxiseng.com