[CALUG] Cultivate LU/Tech Help Relationships

Nestor Wheelock nestor at phpstl.com
Fri Nov 11 10:55:13 EST 2011

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself and my group out of St. Louis. We write
software and build systems, one of which is shipping today to be placed in
operation at The Mall in Columbia for the Santa Display.  This is a Linux
based kiosk system.  While we hope (and our client expects) it to function
flawlessly we know that Murphy's Law will naturally introduce a few
challenges that will be exacerbated by distance.

So we are looking to cultivate a relationship with few sharp Linux techs
who might be able to help us out in a pinch if something goes wrong or if
the mall can't figure out how to set it up and they need more hands-on
support.  It's a fairly simple system really, a couple CPU's that run off
an iso, a monitor, a touch screen, a barcode scanner, a network connection.
We might need some extra help if something breaks, would like more expert
eyes
for troubleshooting, maybe install or fix a component, etc....

If anyone's curious (or has kids who still believe in Santa) check out
http://candycanepass.com.  We'd also love to have some local help testing
it since the client moved delivery up by 2 weeks and we rushed it out the
door.

--
Thank you,

Nestor Wheelock