[CALUG] DoD/OSI Layer 2, 3 and 4 in the real world -- WAS: open ports

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Sep 15 21:17:19 EDT 2011

Very much agreed all around.

Again, I changed the subject and tried to give some background when I saw some things going deeper than they should, and they were missing a lot of necessary detail.  And the result was what I thought it was, assumptions on how things always work, and then the hole was dug deeper.  ;)

Oh well, I know everyone's just trying to help everyone, so I usually don't take that much interest.  I did today, maybe a little abrasively, but sometimes I hit it on the nose.