[CALUG] Ham Radio Links

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Apr 15 22:31:07 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Here are a few of the links we had discussed in regards to studying for
and taking the ham radio exams that I recall.

The ARRL has great resources for all the license information at
http://www.arrl.org/licensing-education-training

The pay site that Kevin was trying to recall is
http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com and that is $20 for the technician
exam.

Some of the free practice exam sites are:
http://www.qrz.com/ht/
http://www.eham.net/exams/

And the study guide that I mentioned from Amazon for $21 is at
http://www.amazon.com/Ham-Radio-License-Manual-Arrl/dp/0872590976/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334542629&sr=8-2

And when you're ready for your exam, the third Saturday of the month the
Laurel amateur radio club offers them for free at 9am. See
http://larcmd.org and click the "Exams in Laurel" on the left for
details.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!