[CALUG] OT: addresses and phone numbers

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 12:20:32 EDT 2012

But I thought the following Q might
be of curiosity.

I notice a trend for a lot of posters on
several email lists to include complete home/office
geo addresses and home phone numbers, email addresses etc
in email postings.

As a stretch, I can see this might be required or desired
if posting from a work email address.

But it also looks like a big security no no...
Did I miss something in "requirements" from somewhere ??
Or do folk like getting telemarketers and spam ?

notice my postings have a "real" name although I have a
separate other email address with alias.. ( not used here)
but I always used a real name here solely from
politeness and the fact I have a really commmon name
( more difficult to identify for locality )

W....