[CALUG] Fwd: Choosing a residential/SMB high speed internet provider

benalgo at speakeasy.net benalgo at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 21 09:57:22 EDT 2012

Thanks to all who responded.
I'm likely going to with Verizon FIOS.
FWIW I did hear  from a number of folks (other than those who posted here) that
Comcast is more "flexible" on pricing than Verizon.
I tried the Clear modem thing but I live on the far side of a ridge line and the
service is sporadic and erratic ...much like the DSL service became very shortly
after FIOS was rolled into the hood.
(yeah, I do have a hard time thinking that it's mere coincidence)