[CALUG] IMPORTANT - New Location Information

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Fri Jun 1 15:47:50 EDT 2012

[I am writing this email as the leader of CALUG, not an employee of Tenable]

Greetings All,

First and foremost, I want to thank Tenable Network Security for their
years of hosting the Columbia Area Linux Users Group at their
Columbia, MD offices. Their willingness to give us a place to meet on
a monthly basis has been a great asset for our team.

After many years of hosting our group, Tenable Network Security has
had a policy change that will result in our no longer being able to
hold our meetings at thier offices. This is not due to any actions on
our part.

This will result in our needing to find a new home for our meeetings.
Tenable has graciously agreed to sponsor a room at a temporary
location for the next couple of months while we locate a new permanent
location. I will be emailing the address of the new place next week
after the details have been confirmed.

We have a few requirements for the new location we are looking for.
The primary issue is the cost needs to be as close to free as
possible. As our members know, we do not collect dues of any sort. The
second item is the space needs to hold our group. We have an average
turnout of 25-30 people for  most of our talks. The last is it would
be nice if the host location can provide a projector for the
presenters use. The meetings are currently held the second Wednesday
of the month from 6:30-9pm, with some meetings running a little
longer.

So if you or someone you know can help with a new location for CALUG
please have them contact me directly.

Thanks and we'll see you next time!