[CALUG] November Meeting Announcement - Gitolite

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Nov 12 14:59:17 EST 2012

Greetings Everyone!

First, I want to start out with a Thank You to Praxis Engineering. This
month marks the start of the forth year of their pizza sponsorship of
CALUG. Thanks Ross and everyone over there. It has been enjoyed by us
all!

For the November 14th CALUG meeting our own Etan Reisner will be giving
a talk on Gitolite. The meeting will again be hosted by OmniTI located
in Fulton, MD. The address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759.
The building is near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "G" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room. There is limited parking out back with
the majority of parking is out front. (Last month we found enough
parking in the back, but that may change) It is a short walk around the
building if needed.

So be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza and socializing. We'll
start the meeting about 7pm.

About the talk:

"Git is a distributed version control system designed to handle
everything from small to very large projects with speed and
efficiency.[http://www.git-scm.com]

Gitolite is an access control layer on top of git.
[http://sitaramc.github.com/gitolite/]

Gitolite allows you to easily give differing levels of access to
different git repositories to different people within your organization
with fine-grained control.

I'll be presenting a quick walkthrough from obtaining the software to a
configured running installation with a handful of repositories and users
with differing levels of access.

If there is a desire for a quick intro to git or version control I'll be
more than happy to start with that as well.

I'll also be open to answering any general git questions you might have
(or at least I'll try to answer them as best I can)."

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here