[CALUG] wireless on a desktop

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 13:01:02 EDT 2012

hi,

Q: how to use a wireless on centos 6.2 desktop ??

I have a pci card with antenna which I've managed to install,
including firmware.  yes, I rebooted.

short story:
$ iwlist  wlan3 scan

gives me a list of stations including a shitload of
data for each.  So, I'm assuming it's ready to use.

Now, my prev wifi experience is with ubuntu
using a graphical click thingy up in the upper right corner
that is so easy to use.

So, some quick start pointers would be appreciated.
either to get a graphical app or simple way to startup,
select stations, and turn off.  I have not configged
my own box yet this app.

thx,
Walt....

--
I've been unemployed so long, that when I'm on my death
bed, I'll wish I could spend one more day at the office !!