[CALUG] Meeting Announcement April 10th - TT-RSS

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Apr 7 15:30:37 EDT 2013

Greetings Everyone!

The next meeting for CALUG will be this Wednesday, April 10, just 5 days
before taxes are due. We'll be meeting from 6:30pm until 9pm'ish. Our
presenter this month is Gareth Digby, talking about TT-RSS. The title of
his talk is "I Was Starting To Use RSS Just As Google Reader Closes!"
Checking the growing list of blogs that I was following was becoming
tedious.  So I thought I could use RSS feeds to get notified when new
articles appeared.  Within days of that epiphany as I'm looking for a
means to implement a solution Google announce the closure of Google
Reader and Chuck posts about TT-RSS as a potential solution.  So my
presentation covers my first tentative steps into using RSS and setting
up my own RSS feeder using TT-RSS on a Debian Linux shared hosting
environment and then trying to get it working with OS X and iOS browsers
(though it should be noted it will run on any modern browser and has an
official Android client).

The meeting will take place at OmniTI located in Fulton, MD. The
address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is
near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road. When you approach the
HT head on, the OmniTI office building is to its right.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "G" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room. There is limited parking out back with
the majority of parking is out front. (Typically we find enough parking
in the back, but that may change) It is a short walk around the building
if needed.

Be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza provided by Praxis
Engineering and socializing. We'll start the meeting about 7pm.

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here