[CALUG] June 12 Meeting Announcement - Using KVM for your home lab

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Jun 10 14:52:28 EDT 2013

Greetings All,

The next CALUG meeting will be happening this Wednesday June 9th from
6:30 until 9pmish. We will be welcoming Charles Hessifer and his talk
entitled "Using KVM to 'kickstart' Your Home Lab".

Ever wanted to play around and learn some new technologies, but you just
did not want to risk mucking <--{ technical term} up your personal
system? Need a few extra systems to pass that certification test? I will
show you a couple of steps that you can perform in order to setup a
small learning/testing environment at home. There are many options out
there, ranging from commercial to open source; however we will focus on
leveraging KVM out-of-the-box on CentOS to build our learning
environment. Join me as we discuss 'Using KVM to 'kickstart' Your Home
Lab'.

Charles has been involved in the designing and building of large scale
data centers around the world, taught law enforcement and government
officials on forensics, incident response, and data security for more
than 16 years.

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. The
address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is
near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road. When you approach the
HT head on, the OmniTI office building is to its right.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "F" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room.

Be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza provided by Praxis
Engineering and socializing. We'll start the meeting about 7pm.

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here