[CALUG] Ubuntu Maryland Group Leader Change

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Wed Mar 6 11:16:08 EST 2013

I have taken over as Group leader of the Ubuntu Maryland Loco Team.
Chuck Fran has done an excellent job getting the team established and
providing leadership. We owe him a debt of gratitude for his contributions.
There has been a good deal of apathy in this group over the past year or
so. It may in part be due to Ubuntu becoming so easy to install and use
that meeting on a regular basis is no longer viewed as necessary. There
is also an abundance of information online to assist you when you
encounter problems with Ubuntu.
So this begs the question, do we need a Ubuntu-Maryland Group and if so
what direction should this group take. I need the groups input on what,
if anything, we want to accomplish, such as:

 1. Do we want to become an approved Ubuntu Loco team.
 2. Monthly meetings at a location or virtually
 3. New version release parties.
 4. Install fest
 5. Student chapter
 6. Periodic meetings with the Ubuntu-DC Loco team
 7. Ubuntu Desktop and server sub-groups
 8. BugJam, documentation review and new release testing participation.
 9. Community promotion activities.
10. Do you want to assist in running the group
11. Should we allow the group to lapse.

Here is a link to a FAQ regarding Loco Teams,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoFAQ
Please share your thoughts with me individually or to the group.
Thanks

--

Ron Swift
President