[CALUG] need some web advice

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell at qis.net
Thu Mar 14 18:31:10 EDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, mhartwx wrote:

> I took over webmastering for my non-profit bird-owners club last year &
> have run into a problem because our free web host (directNIC) isn't free
> since the beginning of this month.  I found another free host but wasn't
> able to open an account using our existing domain (though I followed
> their on-line instructions).  Since it's all free there's no tech
> support & I can't figure out what's wrong.

In addition I noticed that now directnic is NOT CHARGIN for domiain name
registration with their 12 month hosign plan (see bottom of page at:

https://directnic.com/dnchosting/

Since thye had been charging $15 a year for the domain name registration
that means that the combined charge of the hosting and the domain name
registration is only +- $60 a year not $75.