[CALUG] still need a consultant to set up linux partition or equivalent

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell at qis.net
Fri Sep 13 19:47:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Wendel Dean Renner wrote:

> I thank the two people who have contacted me.    But I still need someone
> to serve as a system administrator for me who can set up something for
> me so
> that I can continue to compile and link a linux version of my software.
> I simply have too much on my plate to take the time to climb the learning
> curve again.  Plus Canonical evidently does not sell support like they
> use to.
> The three times I have created a linux partition (2004, 2006, and 2009),
> I was not able to get through it without purchasing help from Canonical.

where is your computer located? Is your primary OS Windows or Mac OSX.

If windows, which windows?

Is it a laptop and thus mobile?

I an north of Baltimore around 10 minutes north of Towson. I have set up a
number of dual boot systems. However it is easier to do so if you put
linux on the harddrive first and then install the other OS.

An alternative is to put a second harddrive in the system and put linux
on it. I am most familiar with setting up Ubuntu/Xubuntu flavor of linux.