[CALUG] Ubuntu-MD September Meeting

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Thu Sep 19 09:58:23 EDT 2013

Please join us on Sat, September 28 at 1 pm at CCBC Catonsville campus
room H-222B for our monthly meeting.
This month we will review Linux Lite a Ubuntu based distro that is
designed for persons new to Linux. It can also be ran on older machines
provided the cpu is capable of using physical address extension (PAE).
PAE allows systems to access more than 4 gb of memory. Most x86
computers/laptops made after 1995 have this feature in their processor.
We will have Linux Lite DVD and thumb drives available so I would
encourage you to bring your laptop so you can test it on your system.
Also, we will discuss some of the features of the next Ubuntu release
13.10 which will be released next month.
Lastly, I have a book entitled "Ubuntu Released" that covers desktop
versions 12.10 and 13.04 that I will loan out. To be eligible to receive
it you must have attended at least two meetings in the last six months
and agree to do a review of the book at a future meeting.
Thanks

--
Ron Swift
President