[CALUG] Installing FreeBSD

Morty morty+calug at frakir.org
Sat Apr 4 16:30:50 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 01:42:45AM -0400, James Ewing Cottrell III wrote:

> > I concur that a FreeBSD topic would be great.

> Right, because Living in the Past is a Good Thing.

Hmm.

If you buy into that family of arguments, you should be running
systems running relatively new Windows instead of systems based on
much older Unix.  And using GUIs instead of command-lines.

> For Better or Worse (Better, actually), UNIX has mutated into Linux.

Sounds like a market-share argument.  Flaw: OSX is more popular than
Linux.  OSX is based on BSD.  So BSD is actually more popular than
Linux.  Which doesn't bother me -- I use what I like, not what's
popular.

Fortunately, it's even possible to make a living having fun with
Linux!  :)

- Morty