[CALUG] ubuntu Unity alternatives.

rl.stuart rl.stuart at verizon.net
Thu Jan 1 12:55:38 EST 2015

I agree.  I use Linux Mint all the time. I also have a server running Centos  and it is rock solid.
Richard

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

http://linuxmint.com/

It's based on Ubuntu, but I've found it a lot better (as do many others if you check http://distrowatch.com/). The Cinnamon & MATE desktops are similar to GNOME before Unity. MATE is less resource intensive if you've got an older system (I use it for VMs). They also have a KDE version as well.