[CALUG] April 13 Meeting Announcement -- Intorduction to Asciidoc(tor)

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Apr 10 19:12:13 EDT 2016

Greetings Everyone,

Please join us April 13th for a presentation on Asciidoc and Asciidoctor.
AsciiDoc is a text document format for writing notes, documentation,
articles, books, web pages, man pages and blogs.Asciidoctor is a fast text
processor and publishing toolchain for converting AsciiDoc content to
HTML5, DocBook 5 (or 4.5) and other formats.

I will be giving an introductory talk about the Asciidoc language and the
Asciidoctor backend. The focus of the talk will be centered around using
Asciidoc for writing technical documentation, but the concepts can be used
for various forms of writing. I'll be going over the basic concepts of
writing in the markup language, some syntax examples, tips, and pointers to
help you get started. I'll also show some examples of existing documents.

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. The ddress is
11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is located near the
Harris Teeter, easily seen as you approach on rt 216. As you approach the
Harris Teeter head on, the OmniTI offices are in the complex to the right.
We will be using the back entrance which is surrounded by plants which
leads directly to the meeting room.

Please join us for pizza and soda from 6:30-7pm. We have a pizza sponsor
this month!

http://calug.org
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here