[CALUG] August 10 Meeting Announcement

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Aug 7 18:06:55 EDT 2016

Greetings All,

For this Wednesday's meeting, August 10, we'll be welcoming Ben Colombini.
His talk is called  "Asciidoc for the web: Creating a browser-based editor
for Asciidoc for use with Drupal".

Ben is working on a Drupal module to implement a browser based Asciidoc
WYSIWYG editor. The Asciidoc rendering occurs on the server using the Linux
packages for Asciidoctor, the front-end javascipt uses ajax to request
previews from the server. The code is not yet publicly available but is
expected to be ready soon.

The talk will cover the following topics:

A cursory explanation of Drupal and Asciidoc
Writing a simple Drupal module in PHP for backend
Javascript and jQuery and Ajax for front-end behavior

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. Join us for
pizza, soda, and socializing from 6:30-7. (We are looking for a new pizza
sponsor, so we will accept donations to help offset the cost of the food).
The meeting starts about 7 pm. The address is 11830 West Market Place
Fulton, MD 20759. The building is near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from
the road. When you approach the HT head on, the OmniTI office is to its
right.

We'll be using the back entrance which is surrounded by plants which will
lead directly to the meeting room.

http://calug.org
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here