[CALUG] January 13th Meeting Announcement - Home Networks

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Jan 10 17:05:06 EST 2016

Greetings Everyone,

For our January 13th meeting we will be having a discussion about home
networks. How do you have your home network architected? What hardware and
software do you use? How  you handle guests that want to connect their
phone while visiting?

A couple of us have already put together short presentations describing our
set-ups and we welcome others to do the same. The presentations, due to the
topic, do not need to be Linux centric. If you create an OpenOffice
document or PDF you can send it to me ahead of time and we can share one
laptp for the presentations. We can also swap devices as needed.

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. The ddress is
11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is located near the
Harris Teeter, easily seen as you approach on rt 216. As you approach the
Harris Teeter head on, the OmniTI offices are in the complex to the right.
We will be using the back entrance which is surrounded by plants which
leads directly to the meeting room.

Please join us for pizza and soda from 6:30-7pm. We do not currently have a
piza sponsor, so if you or someone you know is interested sponsoring this
for us, please contact me directly. Until a new sponsor is found we will
ask those partaking in the food and drink to make a donation (not required)
to help offset the cost. Anything collected over the actual cost will be
applied to the next month's order.

The meeting will start about 7pm

See you Wednesday!

http://calug.org