[CALUG] [baltolug] young kid friendly ubuntu

Baumert, Joel joel.baumert at eurotech.com
Tue Mar 15 10:26:00 EDT 2016

Right now, my 14 year old uses Ubuntu out-of-the-box and my 9 year old son moved to Fedora with Cinnamon because he needed more support from me and I am more familiar with Fedora.

My older boys (14/9) both started with Ubuntu install without more than a couple questions from me on getting Oracle Java installed.

My younger son is interested in video recording and has required more support finding and choosing applications. He recently moved to Fedora Cinnamon when he got his Ubuntu into a bad state I was not able to figure out. I am better able to help him on Fedora since I am more familiar with it :-).

My younger kids (8, 5, 3) primarily use tablets and haven't had much interest in PCs.

Joel