[CALUG] KDE Desktop Correction

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Sun Jul 23 12:07:51 EDT 2017

At yesterday's Ubuntu-Maryland meeting I used a live session of Kubuntu 17.04.
I incorrectly stated how you could add it to Ubuntu 16.04 default Unity system.
The correct steps are as follows working from a terminal:
1. Add the repository for KDE Plasma 5.9 with this command (without the quotes) “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports“
2. Then run "sudo apt-get update"
3. Run "sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop"
4. Select the display manager during the install (lightdm works well). If you encounter errors at the end of the process, run "sudo apt-get install -f" to fix it and complete the install.
5. When it finishes installing, logout and select the Plasma (KDE) desktop environment.
Enjoy!
Thanks

Ron Swift
President