[CALUG] Meeting Announcement Sept 13 - Thomas Delrue

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Fri Sep 8 19:03:35 EDT 2017

Greetings everyone!

For our Septemer 13th CALUG meeting we will be at the UMBC Training Center
and discuss online privacy. Our new member Thomas Delrue will be our
speaker for the evening.

Thomas Delrue, of Fundamental Software, will present on aspects of the
current state of (the lack of) on-line privacy and specifically, the amount
of corporate surveillance we are under when we are on the World Wide Web.
During the session, we'll look specifically at why you'd want to block
stuff you aren't blocking right now and how you can use DNS poisoning as an
effective means of preventing outbound requests as one of the layers in
your larger "Onion of Protection".

Thomas Delrue is a software guy who's been around: he's fulfilled roles
from senior software engineer to chief software architect for companies
large and small. He has a deep passion for privacy and security and has
been an advocate for enabling and empowering a stronger privacy protection
shield through software tools as well as education.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday evening. We will be hostedat
the UMBC Training Center, located at 6996 Columbia Gateway Dr #100,
Columbia, MD 21046. When you walk in through the main lobby make a right.
We will be at the end of the hall in the last room on the right. Our
friends at Aplura will be providing the pizza and soda starting at 6:30 and
we'll begin the presentation about 7pm.

http://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com