[CALUG] December CALUG Meeting Annoucement — Brendan O'Leary on GitLab CI/CD

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Thu Dec 5 09:30:00 EST 2019

Greetings All,

For the December 11, 2019 CALUG meeting we will have a presentation from
Brendan O’Leary on GitLab CI/CD.

In this talk and live-demo, we’ll explore the basics and outer reaches of
GitLab CI/CD. Learn how to get started with simple CI, as well as how
GitLab integrates with advanced deployment technology such as Kubernetes,
knative and other cloud-native platforms. You can automate all the things
with GitLab CI/CD - even breakfast. Once you’ve seen this talk, you’ll know
how!

Brendan has a passion for software development and iterating on processes
just as quickly as we iterate on code. He is a zealous advocate for the
user experience. Brendan can still remember what his first computer - a
Tandy 2000 - felt like to use (and break…sorry Dad). Working with customers
to deliver value is what drives Brendan’s passion for DevOps and smooth
CI/CD implementation. Brendan has worked with a wide range of customers -
from the nation’s top healthcare institutions to environmental services
companies to the Department of Defense. The only thing more eclectic is
probably his taste in music. Outside of work, you’ll find Brendan with 1 to
4 kids hanging off of him at any given time or occasionally finding a
moment alone to build something in his workshop.

We will be hosted at the UMBC Training Center, located at 6996 Columbia
Gateway Dr #100, Columbia, MD 21046. When you walk in through the main
lobby make a right. We will be at the end of the hall in the last room on
the right. Our friends at Aplura will be providing the pizza and soda
starting at 6:30. The talk will start at about 7pm.

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

https://gitlab.org
http://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com