[CALUG] new laptop and desktop

Edward Makowski edwardjmakowski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:59:05 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I seem to be in the market for a Linux laptop and Desktop...

I've seen a lot of reviews that recommend the Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition,
I was curious about what the LUG would recommend...
(This should be able to run Mint [possibly Gentoo] and virtualize Windows...
and will mostly be used for school with some minimal gaming [mb
Hollowknight])

As for the Desktop I'm planning to do a 'build your own' rig... if you're
interested
in helping me pick parts for performance, budget, and compatibility please
let me know
and I'll start a thread..

-Edward