[CALUG] Rolling your own distro, building an img file

Thomas Delrue thomas at epistulae.net
Tue Apr 7 07:39:12 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm sorta trying to roll my own distro for Raspberry Pi's. Fear not, I'm
totally basing it off of Raspbian but I want to add some additional
stuff on top of Raspbian that isn't there. And I want to make it so that
when I burn an IMG of my "my own distro" onto a new SD card, it's got
everything I know I'll want in there, already in it!

Basically, what I'd like to do is make it so that I have an .img file
with everything already in it and that - just like raspbian - expands on
first boot to take up the entire volume.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get started with this, at all, hence:
does anyone have any pointers they could share?

Thanks