[CALUG] July CALUG Meeting Annoucement — Running Kubernetes on Raspberry Pi’s

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sat Jul 4 21:06:20 EDT 2020

Greetings All,

For the July 8, 2020 CALUG meeting we will have a presentation from Thomas
Delrue on Running Kubernetes on Raspberry Pi’s.

Running things in the cloud? Do you want to have your own easily scaling
cloud at home that’s not running one "someone else’s computer"? Do you have
some Raspberry Pi’s at hand? Thomas will talk through how he (re)purposed
his Raspberry Pi’s into a real Kubernetes cluster that he runs at home.

While this is a not a presentation on Kubernetes nor containers
specifically, we’ll touch (very) gently on what it is and how they work as
well.

Thomas is a regular at CALUG and has presented frequently on subjects such
as privacy (through IvyDNS), networks, and VPNs.

We are going to be holding the meeting online for the foreseeable future.
Our friends at Aplura have graciously provided us access to their Zoom
account for our use. I intend to open the call at 6:30pm and start the
presentation at 7pm. There is a password to join the meeting which is in
the details that follow here. When joining participants will be muted and
video disabled by default. For audio, you may join using your computer’s
audio or the provided dial-in number.

Aplura LLC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CALUG Meeting
Time: July 8 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
Monthly:
https://zoom.us/meeting/upIpdeqsrzwrreqEGLku08seabtT4UX47Q/ics?icsToken=98tyKu6uqjkpHtWSsVzHe7YtE53-bOH2kGNLu4Z6sBTwU3hAZwL0ItYWB4orR-mB

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/764234171?pwd=YXdwN2doL2lwaUhlTGE2VTk5eElvUT09

Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Password: calugusers

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,764234171# US (New York)
+13126266799,,764234171# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ab20ubHSVX
We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

https://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com