[CALUG] Ubuntu 20... what's your opinion?

Wes Westhaver wes at westhaver.com
Tue Jul 14 18:08:46 EDT 2020

I downloaded and installed Ubuntu 20 on my laptop and have been using it
for a few days. I've noticed a handful of items that don't seem right.

It seems that downloaded .deb files won't install from the Firefox
download folder. Ubuntu 18 had no problem with this. I had to move the
.deb file into my home folder before the installer would install the
.deb file.

In another case I visited a website that offers a .deb file to install
some software that I've used for quite a while but the installer won't
run. It displays a message about missing dependencies but doesn't tell
me what the missing dependencies are. It looks like the message dialog
is truncated such that you can't see the entire message?

How do you feel about Ubuntu 18? Is it working for you?

-Wes