[CALUG] June CALUG Meeting Annoucement — Building A Home Lab

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Jun 7 17:35:22 EDT 2020

Greetings All,

For the June 10, 2020 CALUG meeting we will have a presentation from RJ
Pisciotta on Building A Home Lab.

This talk will cover building a home lab from scratch from a complete
beginner’s view. The presenter is new in the information security field. He
will cover his current position, why he built the lab, and the benefits
that are yielded from working on a lab. Anyone can build a home lab with
the equipment they are afforded, and there is no reason to not build a home
lab. The talk will also explain exactly how the presenter’s lab was built,
his exact equipment and software, and what he hopes to learn from the labs
never ending completion. Everyone is invited to learn, listen, and offer
advice.

For the obvious reasons, we are going to be holding the meeting online for
the foreseeable future. Our friends at Aplura have graciously provided us
access to their Zoom account for our use. I intend to open the call at
6:30pm and start the presentation at 7pm. There is a password to join the
meeting which is in the details that follow here. When joining participants
will be muted and video disabled by default. For audio, you may join using
your computer’s audio or the provided dial-in number.

Aplura LLC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CALUG Meeting
Time: June 10 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
Monthly:
https://zoom.us/meeting/upIpdeqsrzwrreqEGLku08seabtT4UX47Q/ics?icsToken=98tyKu6uqjkpHtWSsVzHe7YtE53-bOH2kGNLu4Z6sBTwU3hAZwL0ItYWB4orR-mB

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/764234171?pwd=YXdwN2doL2lwaUhlTGE2VTk5eElvUT09

Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Password: calugusers

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,764234171# US (New York)
+13126266799,,764234171# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ab20ubHSVX
(Unless there are strong objections, I will be recording the meeting to my
local machine for my own use)

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

https://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com