[CALUG] March CALUG Meeting Annoucement — An Introduction to SaltStack

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Wed Mar 4 18:09:09 EST 2020

Greetings All,

For the March 11, 2020 CALUG meeting we will have a presentation from Nick
Vissari on An Introduction to SaltStack.

How to get started and operationalize your documentation with SaltStack.

Salt (sometimes referred to as SaltStack) is Python-based, open-source
software for event-driven IT automation, remote task execution, and
configuration management. Supporting the "Infrastructure as Code" approach
to data center system and network deployment and management, configuration
automation, SecOps orchestration, vulnerability remediation, and hybrid
cloud control.

Anyone that wishes to follow along and learn hands-on should come prepared
with VirtualBox, Vagrant and run vagrant add debian/stretch64 so you don’t
have to wait for the downloads.

We will be hosted at the UMBC Training Center, located at 6996 Columbia
Gateway Dr #100, Columbia, MD 21046. When you walk in through the main
lobby make a right. We will be at the end of the hall in the last room on
the right. Our friends at Aplura will be providing the pizza and soda
starting at 6:30. The talk will start about 7pm.

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

https://saltstack.com
https://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com