[CALUG] November Meeting Announcement - Asciidoc

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Tue Nov 10 09:49:26 EST 2020

Greetings Everyone,

Please join us November 11th for a presentation on Asciidoc and Asciidoctor.
AsciiDoc is a text document format for writing notes, documentation,
articles, books, web pages, man pages and blogs.Asciidoctor is a fast text
processor and publishing toolchain for converting AsciiDoc content to
HTML5, DocBook 5 (or 4.5) and other formats.

I will be giving an introductory talk about the Asciidoc language and the
Asciidoctor backend. I'll be going over the basic concepts of
writing in the markup language, some syntax examples, tips, and pointers to
help you get started. I'll also show some examples of existing documents.

We are going to be holding the meeting online for the foreseeable future.
Our friends at Aplura have graciously provided us access to their Zoom
account for our use. I intend to open the call at 6:30pm and begin the
presentation at 7pm. There is a password to join the meeting which is in
the details that follow here. When joining participants will be muted and
video disabled by default. For audio, you may join using your computer’s
audio or the provided dial-in number.

Aplura LLC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CALUG Meeting
Time: Nov 11, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
        Every month on the Second Wed, until Mar 10, 2021, 6 occurrence(s)
        Nov 11, 2020 06:30 PM
        Dec 9, 2020 06:30 PM
        Jan 13, 2021 06:30 PM
        Feb 10, 2021 06:30 PM
        Mar 10, 2021 06:30 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
Monthly:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/upIpdeqsrzwrreqEGLku08seabtT4UX47Q/ics?icsToken=98tyKu6uqjkpHtWSsVzHe7YtE53-bOH2kGNLu4Z6sBTwU3hAZwL0ItYWB4orR-mB

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/764234171?pwd=YXdwN2doL2lwaUhlTGE2VTk5eElvUT09

Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Passcode: calugusers
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,764234171# US (Germantown)
+16468769923,,764234171# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 764 234 171
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbPgEXi1MS

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

https://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com
https://asciidoctor.org