[CALUG] WordPress Hosting Question

Howard how0909 at freeshell.org
Tue Sep 15 10:25:43 EDT 2020

On 9/15/20 8:59 AM, Thomas Delrue wrote:
> Does anyone have any solid recommendations and good experiences for
> managed wordpress hosting? The requirements are:
> - high availability (obviously)
> - Ability to talk to the backing database directly as well (in order to
> migrate content from other, non-wordpress site into the new wordpress site)
> - Lack of the need to host the full domain with them as well
Do you mean just host a WP instance?

Most hosting services have WP available for no extra cost. You pick the
theme you like and crank it up.
Bluehost, Godady, Hostgator, etc...
Wordpress itself offers (free?) space but with a limited amount of WP
themes. 'course everything is for sale. You can buy themes too.

With either of these SOMEONE needs to put stuff on it.
That could be you, or a "friend" or a paid individual.

I'm not sure at all about migrating another CMS's database to a WP database.

I would be interested in getting involved. Contact me offlist:)