[CALUG] Mid level PHP, CSS, MySql Web Developer position available in Towson, MD

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Thu Nov 19 08:49:49 EST 2009

Tables have long ago stopped being used for layout and thank god. They
were never meant for that, but back when it was started being done,
CSS wasn't a viable alternative. Not sure what higher skilled
developers you're working with, but most professional web designers
now are using CSS. Tables layouts might be a little easier in initial
development, or for someone new to web design. But they are an
absolute nightmare for long term maintenance when you start getting
more complicated layouts.

Look at any of the popular CMS systems in use now (Drupal, Wordpress,
Gallery, etc). They're all doing CSS layout.

Keith