[CALUG] (solvd) Fedora 12 Live CD doesn't run

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 13:12:29 EST 2009

Thanks Craig.

I needed to burn the CD at a much slower burn rate than
"maximum".  I selected 8X.

You were most astute.
I was getting input/output error after some md5sum time went by
( on 2 boxes) on the CD (I could see the files were all there
though using file manager).

I wasn't sure how to check the actual CD media.
The gpg etc stuff needed to be all in the same dir.
but I couldn't do that on the media!! So your md5sum
was the solution.

got to the point of trees and no forest because of other
side issues .

The inital F12 screen on one box looks better than F10 did.
F10 went to high res mode (LiveCD) , but the screen was scrunched
into unusabilty.  F12 is hi res, but everything (icons etc) is as it
should be.

FYI- These are personal use boxes:  backup #1 lost it's OS a
few weeks ago and I was waiting to install F12 on it.  Backup box
#2 ( 667Mhz) had a virgin F9 that I got to work well with the burn.
Main box F10 runs good unless I try to burn:

has a problem ( Bugbuddy) and locks up, requiring
a reboot if I try a iso write.  Must have something to do with
a lot of partial updates, or the burner went bad while sitting.
Nope, can't umount CD rom, nor kill any processes to get it to
unlock and the hard disk stays agitated.

TMI ??  But thanks anyway!!