[CALUG] ubuntu Unity alternatives.

Keith keith at keithf4.com
Thu Jan 1 11:59:12 EST 2015

I'd recommend checking out Linux Mint if you're looking for Linux on the
desktop

http://linuxmint.com/

It's based on Ubuntu, but I've found it a lot better (as do many others if
you check http://distrowatch.com/). The Cinnamon & MATE desktops are
similar to GNOME before Unity. MATE is less resource intensive if you've
got an older system (I use it for VMs). They also have a KDE version as
well.