[CALUG] Web design question

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Wed May 23 16:32:32 EDT 2007

That site is done in a Flash application. With Flash, you can design what
appear to be complete, independent programs with a database back-end feeding
all the data to it. You can also do things like this with Java Applets and
possibly AJAX. It's honestly far from a simple thing to set up and I can
guarantee you someone like the NY Times has a very well paid web app
developer doing their work.

I agree with you, too, that's a very cool graphic display of the data!

Keith