[CALUG] news from Pearson Education.

Chuck Fullerton cfullerton at tenablesecurity.com
Wed Jan 30 11:25:59 EST 2008

Greetings All,

Remember one of the perks we get as a LUG is that Pearson Education sends us
free Linux books every other month or so.  We distribute these at the
meetings and only ask for a review of the book in return.  I expect to have
more books at our next meeting on Feburary 13th.

Here is some other Linux news from Pearson:

-- Linux Journal 2008 Readers' Choice Survey- Be sure your members cast
their votes! (Polls close Feb 14th!);
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1006101

-- 40% Discount to The 6th Annual Southern California Linux Expo! (SCALE) To
be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 8-10, 2008 at the Westin Los
Angeles Airport. Register today with a 40% User Group discount!! The promo
code is  PEAR2:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/

REMINDER: ONGOING MEMBER DISCOUNT!

Pearson UG members receive up to 35% off every purchase on InformIT.com and
our partner imprint sites (ciscopress.com and ibmpressbooks.com)! Just
follow these easy steps for savings:

-- Create an Informit account:
https://memberservices.informit.com/my_account/register.aspx
-- Enter the following member code: USERGROUP

-- LOGIN at any time to automatically receive the special pricing!