[CALUG] F9 X Thunderbird/Firfox display

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 20:12:56 EDT 2008

hi,

Update--    Regarding a previous post on my problem with
Thunderbird's installed appearance:

 My display resolution was a little larger than 1024 x 768 on
a 18 " CRT ( just for reference).  I mucked around with various
settings and found 1024 x 768 to be the best.  Thunderbird
is "usable".

FYI - Firefox and Thunderbird side-by-side has fonts in firefox
icons and pull down menu's somewhat larger and much nicer to read.
The Thunderbird icons are kinda "sketchy" looking, and are unappealing.
Virtually all text is too small.

The email text display and compose display fonts are all way small.
I know I can more or less fix them with preferences. All in all,
Thunderbird is still kinda yucky looking but I'll use it.

 I notice one other user is loading up FC6.
I must admit I waited thru the FC7 and 8 releases because I believed
there weren't enough "new" things to upgrade to.  I still believe that
since there are some other F9 issues that should be simple, and are
broke.  And I seriously considered just continuing use of my FC6 box
since it's fixed the way I want.
But I felt the need to do a tech update... Now waiting to see if
early schedule release of F10 resolves things...

Seamonkey still looks as bad as thunderbird.

Walt....