[CALUG] opinion on book(s) on network security?

Dan Deighton ddeighton at aplura.com
Wed Jun 11 10:51:36 EDT 2008

Ed,

I would recommend that you check out Bastille.  This is an OS hardening
script that locks down your system based on your answers to numerous
questions regarding the intended use of your system.  In addition to
making the configuration changes to your OS, it does an excellent job of
explaining what is being done and why.

This will certainly help you become a "hard target" for the bad guys.

 -Dan