[CALUG] Linux on Iphone

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:31:00 EDT 2008

Yup you are right, Linux on other platforms are more worth while than Linux
on iPhone. Not to mention the cost of experimenting with a phone which costs
$500 and that too without service is too expensive for any hacker. We might
see it when the first generation iPhones loses its 2 year contract. But this
is what I found on Google: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-linux/issues/list

Open Moko looks good, but not sure if Verizon will be supporting GSM/GPRS
anytime soon. As Verizon is the only company to openly accept any device /
any Application on their network recently. Lets see how it plays out.

-GGR
Rajiv G Gunja