[CALUG] VGA Video Out to TV

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Sun May 18 14:32:53 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Sean Wilkerson <sean at seanandheather.com> wrote:
> I know there are some separate hardware devices out there too such as
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A0BOB/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
> but I am not sure if this will work for my situation.
>
> I know little in this area, and maybe there is a simple solution.

In a previous life, I used a separate hardware device to broadcast a
Linux box's slideshow of school photos over a school's Channel One
system.  I plugged a VGA cable into one side, power into another, and
RCA came out the other side.  I ran that through the usual equipment
to get it to the cable head-end, but that's not a problem for you (I
assume).

I have *no* idea what the manufacturer or model were.  But it was
pretty durn simple, so I wouldn't rule it out!

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com