[CALUG] Linux Laptops

Bernard Karmilowicz karmilow at intencorp.com
Thu Dec 3 09:40:28 EST 2009

Hi Ben:

> Does anyone know any reliable places to check laptop compatability
> with Linux?

Yes.

     http://tuxmobil.org/laptop_manufacturer.html
     http://www.linux.org/hardware/laptop.html

> I'll probably pick up an older full sized model and honestly my
> experience with Linux on laptops in the past has been less than
> productive what with lack of drivers in some cases.

Older is better since it allows the folks who are writing Linux device
drivers time to create/modify drivers for new hardware. In general; You
have a better chance of full driver support putting Linux on older
computers laptops foremost, but desktops as well.

Sincerely,

- Bernie

--
  IntEn Corporation