[CALUG] seeking RSA advice

benalgo at speakeasy.net benalgo at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 25 22:49:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,
My apologies in advance if this is considered off topic.

We're researching implementing RSA remote authentication.
Does any one have any experience in this (vendor / solution recommendations
/ in house configuration) ?
It "seems" like the only way to score a (RSA) setup is to go through the
VAR channel.
(meaning you can't buy the appliance or server solution and tokens and set
it up yourself)
Does anyone know if this true ?

Conversely the primary incentive for considering this is compliance w/
govn't contractor security requirements.
So in that vein does anyone if that is true and a RSA solution is the only
approved one ?

Much TIA,
Ben