[CALUG] F12 wifi software ?

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Dec 5 21:41:24 EST 2010

You don't use system-config-network for Wireless.  In fact, you typically don't
use it for mobile computers at all, or most desktops that rely on DHCP for that
matter.  It's typically only used for servers and fixed IPs.

You utilize "Network Manager" which has an icon at the lower-right of your
desktop, possibly upper-right, depending on your desktop manager configuration.
"Network Manager" was developed by Red Hat, Novell has contributed significantly
as well, and it is used by virtually every distribution.

-- Bryan

P.S.  In fact I have not met someone yet, myself included, who hasn't been to at
least one seminar or conference where at least one presenter started praising
Ubuntu for Network Manager, and was quickly asked the presenter to right-click
"About" followed by someone saying maybe they should also thank Red Hat too.  ;)