[CALUG] Minimalist Distro

Ben W bigmojo74 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:52:20 EST 2010

Relatively simple question here, I'm looking for as light of weight - and
current - distro as I can find for a server. I'm only realy familiar with
Debian variants and am thinking of building off a base install, but I'm
curious if there's anything anyone else would suggest?

*By lightweight I realy only need to be able to get onto a network out of
the box, I'd prefer to build from as little as possible than sift through
services and cut out what I don't need. They'll be the basis for a woefuly
underpowered processing cluster, if anyone has any additional input on that.

Thanks