[CALUG] The answer is ... (was: Re: 10.04 broke my wireless and ssh)

Ed Browne edward_d_browne at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 17:46:20 EDT 2010

Thanks to all who offered such good and detailed advice, I looked
into all of it, learned a lot, and fixed a few things.

I could leave it at that, without making myself look more foolish than
I already do - but in the hope that someone, somewhere, someday
might benefit from my mistakes, I'll tell you my main problem.

There's a *tiny* little slider switch, which is *directly* next to the
slider latch which opens the laptop.  Only the tiny little slider switch,
if you inadvertently push it trying to open the laptop, actually disables
the wireless interface on the machine.  Who knew laptops had such
switches?

Thanks again, and cheers - Ed