[CALUG] Creating Blu-Ray disks using OpenShot

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Mon May 10 12:21:43 EDT 2010

Hi CALUG community,

  Over the weekend I started exploring OpenShot, the new, free video
editing program for Linux. It works very nicely -- and has an export to
Blu-Ray disk feature.

      I'd love to try making a Blu-Ray disk using OpenShot, but don't own
a high def camcorder. If anyone on the list would like to give this
a try, thanks for contacting me off-list. I live in Cheverly,
Maryland. If we encounter success, am happy to present about this at
a CALUG meeting.

     Incidentally, a lot of folks don't know that you can use a regular
DVD recordable disk to create Blu-Ray disks. You just have a shorter
duration (about 20 minutes) than the full hours worth on the
expensive blank Blu-Ray disks.

         Phil

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html