[CALUG] March Speaker - Jared Smith - Topic? Please Comment

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Wed Feb 29 20:23:49 EST 2012

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned at our last meeting I've scheduled Jared Smith, the
previous Fedora Project leader, to speak at our March meeting. He
doesn't have a preference on what topic he will speak on, so I'm asking
here what you would like to hear about. The topics we can choose from
are:

1. Fedora (obviously). Let me know what aspect you'd like to hear about.
2. VoIP. He co-authored "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony" and did
large scale installations as his day job for a while.
3. Documentation. He's got a strong history writing docs. The talk would
center around using DocbookXML and publican. I heard him talk on this
topic at FUDCon and for the writers in our group, I think you'd like
this topic if you're unfamiliar with these tools.

Reply here or drop me an email with your preference by noon Sunday. I'll
take all the votes and let Jared know what we'd like to hear.